The Bethel United Methodist Church family traced our church history back to a place called Brush Harbors. The location of Brush Harbors was unknown.
Brush Harbors was a clearing made by our ancestors in the woods in order to hold church service. Later on the white people let the people of Brush Harbors use a church called Macedonian.
Macedonian was destroyed by fire. We have no records of a place of worship until the new church, located on East Main Street in Pendleton, South Carolina. This church was called Bethel M.E. New Bethel U.M.C. was built and established in 1961, under the leadership of The Rev. H.O. Mims.
In 1968 we as Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church merged into the United Methodist charge. Through that e1966 Conference thus becoming Bethel United Methodist church Charge, still under the leadership of the Rev H.O. Mims. “God is Power.”
“But they who wait upon God shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with Wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
As we search into our past, we can behold our present day and look toward our future goals.
Former Pastors of the Pendleton Charge
“Steps along the way”
1924- Rev. S.M. Brown
1933- Rev. M.B. Eaddy
1937- Rev. L.W. Curry
1940- Rev. P.C.E. Hiddleston
1943-Rev. Roger P. Fair
1944- Rev. T.R. Robinson
1946- Rev. J.W. Robinson
1950- Rev. J.V. Livingston
1952- Rev. J.C. McTeer